Early September of 1933, revival came to Mt. Pleasant Valley. The Lord came down in a wonderful way and many people were saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. A Pentecostal minister named Albert Miller came to the mountain to preach and people were saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. The first night of revival, the Lord came down and blessed in such a wonderful way. The people were hungry to hear the real truth about something that was never brought to Pleasant Valley before. Revival continued for 8 weeks.
Many of the ones who experienced the power of God’s Spirit already belonged to other local churches who were not happy about this new encounter. They were told they were not welcome anymore. In September 1934, one of the family members donated land right on top of the mountain. These pioneers for Christ literally began to build the church themselves. The church was named Mt. Pleasant Church of God.